Ask Me Anything! Landlord Engagement Toolkit
Engaging with landlords can be difficult. Building lasting positive relationships can be even more challenging. Join us, and a group of experts for our Ask Me Anything (AMA) session on how to best engage with landlords in the context of Housing First programs.
The success of Housing First programs depends on the availability of high-quality housing options for program participants to live in over a long-term period. Scattered site, independent housing is a cornerstone of the Housing First model. Private market landlords are critical to providing this kind of housing and are considered an “essential partner” in Housing First. One of the key tasks of Housing First programs is to build and maintain productive relationships with landlords who are willing to rent to program participants. Positive relationships with landlords can support the well-being of program participants, facilitate recovery and contribute to successful tenancies.
Do you have any questions or suggestions on ways to work together with landlords? Can you share examples of concerns landlords have expressed and how you addressed them?
You are invited to post your questions in advance of the AMA and to you can join the discussion, live from 1-2PM (ET) on February 22nd, 2018.
All questions are welcome! The experts can cover topics such as:
- Building and maintaining relationships with private market landlords;
- Assisting landlords with filling vacancies in a quick and efficient manner;
- Creating open communication between all parties involved in the housing process;
- Assisting landlords and clients in resolving conflicts;
- Promptly and collaboratively addressing landlord concerns; and,
- Assisting clients with maintaining appropriate housing.
Is your question time sensitive? Don’t wait! You can post urgent questions on the Workspace or contact HPS or the COH directly.
To learn more about AMAs, check out our previous AMA with Wally Czech on Housing First.