Keeping families together
I currently work for Kids Under Cover, an Australian charity working to prevent youth homelessness. Our focus is keeping the families together and keeping youth of the streets by building 1 and 2 bedroom studios, with bathrooms, in the backyards of existing dwellings. Our studios support young people at risk of homelessness, families at risk of breakdown, kinship care and foster carers seeking additional space to accommodate young people in their care.
I’m currently conducting research on organisations who are working to prevent youth homelessness, with a focus on keeping families and I am hoping you may be able to help with my research on Canadian organisations.
· Are you aware of organisations who currently support young people who are at risk or currently homeless, with a focus on keeping families together and the young person in the family home?
· Are you aware of organisations that builds temporary structures, extensions or tiny homes in yards of a family or carers home?
· What are options for youth who live in high-density areas and want to stay in the family home but are unable to due to overcrowding?
· What programs are in place if a family/carer is needing extra space to accommodate a young person, but don’t have the means to pay for it?
· How do high-density areas, with minimal land available for development, work to prevent homelessness?
I am hoping you may be able to help with my research or know of an organisation that is undertaking similar work to Kids Under Cover. Please visit our website kuc.org.au if you would like further information about the work we do.
- 775 views
- 1 version
- 2 replies
- 4 followers
- Posted By:
- Zoe Dew
- January 31, 2017
About this forum
- 822 views
- 1 topics
- 2 followers